International Mobile Identity Equipment commonly known as IMEI is a 15 digit unique number which is given to each device for further tracking. This unique number is used by digital companies to track their users and to stop the misuse of their digital products. But, sometimes we need to change this to download an app multiple times on a single device. If you want to change the IMEI number of your iPhone, but don’t know how to do that, then you are on the right page where you will get all the information on how to change IMEI number on iPhone without jailbreak.
How to Change IMEI Number on iPhone?
It’s quite simple to change the IMEI number of your device using the tips and steps which we will provide you in this post. But still, there are some things which makes it quite difficult, so we have presented a list of things which are needed before doing the change. So, without wasting any more time, let’s learn about those things.
Also Read:- How To Download Paid Apps For Free On Android
1. Things You Need to Remember Before doing the IMEI Change
- The iPhone whose IMEI you will change must be unlocked or activated before the change.
- If your device is under warranty, then after changing the IMEI number, the device warranty is going to expire.
- If you change the IMEI number of a stolen iPhone, then it can be tracked and you will be sent to the jail.
These are the points which you need to keep in mind before doing the IMEI change. Once you are complying with the above points, then you are ready to execute the process to change iPhone IMEI without jailbreak as follows:
2. How to Change IMEI Number on iPhone?
In this guide, we are going to use an iPhone IMEI change tool known as Ziphone to change iPhone IMEI without jailbreak. Ziphone is an open source software which you can use to change iPhone IMEI without jailbreak as follows:
- Firstly, you have to know your IMEI number.
- For this, you just have to open your dial pad and then enter “*#06#” and then this will display your IMEI number.
- After that, you have to jailbreak your phone. You can find a number of guides on the internet about jailbreaking your iPhone.
- After the jailbreak, open your PC and download the Ziphone tool from this link.
- Extract the downloaded files to the desired folder.
- Now, boot your device in the recovery mode.
- For this, you have to press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and power buttons together until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the buttons and then you will see a USB on your iPhone screen.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Go to the folder where you have extracted the Ziphone downloaded files.
- Inside the folder, press the shift button and right click on an empty area and choose “Start Command Prompt” option.
- This will open the Command prompt.
- Type Ziphone there and enter “Ziphone -u -i a0987654321” and replace the 0987654321 with the desired IMEI number.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes and then reboot your device.
- This will change your device IMEI number.
Now, you have all the information on how to change IMEI number on iPhone. I hope this guide will help you to change iPhone IMEI without jailbreak. If you liked this post, then share it with your friends, family, and relatives who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any issues, then feel free to ask us in the comment section below.